Buying a property at auction is becoming increasingly popular in Bristol
Many properties offered at auction are ideal for both professional developers and DIY enthusiasts wishing to get as much value as possible for their budget.
Please Note New Government Regulations
When purchasing you will need to bring the following;
- Your catalogue.
- Cheque book or bankers draft - cash payments are not acceptable.
- Form of identification - such as new driving licence with photograph or passport and recent utility bill.
- Details of your solicitor.
Please be advised all lots are subject to a Buyers Premium of £750 (plus VAT), which is payable to Maggs + Allen on the fall of the hammer.
The key advantages to buying from Auction in Bristol through Maggs and Allen are:
- Regular Auctions with a good variety of lots, in all price ranges.
- Professional, experienced staff to answer all your queries and offer advice.
- There is reasonable time to inspect the property and arrange for a survey.
- The solicitors pack is available prior to the Auction for your full perusal.
- The fall of the hammer on your successful bid is legally binding and you will exchange contracts on the night.
- Completion will normally follow in 28 days.
- You must check the conditions of sale prior to the Auction.
- You must ask any questions of the solicitors or Auctioneer prior to the Auction.
- You must have a 10% deposit by Bankers Draft or Guaranteed Cheque (minimum deposit £2,000).
An indication of the seller's current minimum acceptable price at auction. The guide price or range of guide prices is given to assist consumers in deciding whether or not to pursue a purchase. It is usual, but not always the case, that a provisional reserve range is agreed between the seller and the auctioneer at the start of marketing. As the reserve is not fixed at this stage and can be adjusted by the seller at any time up to the day of the auction in the light of interest shown during the marketing period, a guide price is issued. This guide price can be shown in the form of a minimum and maximum price range within which an acceptable sale price (reserve) would fall, or as a single price figure within 10% of which the minimum acceptable price (reserve) would fall. A guide price is different to a reserve price (see separate definition). Both the guide price and the reserve price can be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction.
The seller's minimum acceptable price at auction and the figure below which the auctioneer cannot sell. The reserve price is not disclosed and remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. Both the guide price and the reserve price can be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction.
To see our full terms and conditions on buying at auction - click here
Selling your property at Auction in Bristol
An excellent way of achieving a sale at the best price within a fixed timescale.
Properties suitable for Auction include:
- Residential property
- Commercial property
- Investment property
- Repossessed property
- Property requiring refurbishment
- Executor sales
- Building land
- Tenanted properties
Why Choose Auction?
- Best Price - a competitive environment can produce exceptional results.
- Speed - a binding contract is formed on the fall of the hammer.
- Efficiency - only serious buyers - no time wasters.
- Success - Over 93% of our Auction properties currently sell on the night of the auction.
- An Excellent success rate.
- Full advice on a properties suitability for Auction.
- Realistic pricing - Careful appraisal by experienced staff ensures a higher than national average success rate.
- A concentrated period of advertising in the local papers for five consecutive weeks.
- A special Auction board.
- Set accompanied viewing times with an experienced member of staff in charge to concentrate interest.
- High quality brochure sent to our extensive list of prospective buyers including builders, investors and developers.
- Exchange of contracts on the night and a 10% non-returnable deposit.
- Completion normally within 28 days of the sale.