The property is situated on the main A4 Bath Road within close proximity to Temple Meads Train Station as well as being a main bus route and busy commuter route in and out of Bristol City Centre. Notable neighbouring sites include The Paintworks, Arnos Vale Hotel, Sainsburys and Avonmeads Retail Park.
We are informed the Chapel was built in circa. 1866 for that exact use and presume it holds a historic use class under D1 (including public halls and places of worship). Prospective tenants should satisfy themselves that their intended use will meet statutory planning requirements.
We understand there may be a permitted change from D1 to the likes of A1 retail, A2 office, A3 Cafe/Restaurant and B1 Light Industrial/office which will all be considered on their individual merits. Further details of possible uses and the process can be found using the following link: https://www.churchofengland.org/clergy-office-holders/pastoralandclosedchurches/closedchurches/what-happens-when-a-church-building-closes.aspx
Bristol City Council
There will be pedestrian access rights to the property from the main road as well as the possibility of vehicle access and/or parking. There is currently public parking to the front of the cemetery.
The property will benefit from access around the building for ongoing repairs and maintenance. The option of use of some additional outside space may be considered.
We are informed the property is not listed, although does fall into a conservation area. The property currently has no electricity or toilet facilities but we are informed there is water to the cemetery and there is a radiator apparent in the building which may suggest a gas supply. The windows have been boarded up for security reasons.
The property is offered to let on the basis of a new Full Repairing and Insuring lease with terms to be negotiated. The client has advised they would be seeking a long term tenant of 10 years plus and are happy to entertain ingoing incentives or lesser rental options to secure the right tenant.
(1) All offers received will be referred to the Diocesan Mission and Pastoral Committee (DMPC). While the DMPC does not have a power of disposal, it will make a recommendation to the Church Commissioners who have power under the Mission & Pastoral Measure 2011 to prepare and issue a draft pastoral (church buildings disposal) scheme authorising the new use and disposal of the property.
(2) In the event of that scheme becoming effective the DBF will be empowered to lease the property for the authorised use when the remaining statutory requirements are completed. The scheme will also free the property from the legal effects of consecration.
(3) Until the scheme has been completed the DBF will not be in a position to proceed to contract.
Prospective tenants are invited to submit offers, subject to the following rules and stipulations:-
(1) Offers must be accompanied by sketch plans (which need not be detailed at this stage but which should outline the applicant's proposals) and written details of the proposed use of the property.
(2) The landlords do not bind themselves to accept the highest or any offer.
(3) The offer must state clearly the price which the applicant is prepared to offer for the property, and must be unconditional save for the condition that planning permission and listed building consent be granted.
Conditional acceptance of an offer will be subject to:
(a) Completion by the Church Commissioners of a pastoral (church buildings disposal) scheme authorising the new use and disposal of the property.
(b) Approval by the Church Commissioners of detailed plans and specifications of any proposed architectural or structural alterations following consultation with their expert advisers.
(c) Compliance with the statutory requirements where human remains are present and the disposal of any tombstones, monument and memorials
The rateable value as per the VOA website is £2,350. Parties are advised to contact the local authority to confirm rates payable. Those eligible for small business rate relief may benefit from full relief.
As a former place of worship, we are informed an EPC is not currently required.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated.
The ingoing tenant will be charged an application fee of £200 plus VAT (£240 inc VAT) towards the costs incurred in undertaking appropriate credit and reference checks.
Strictly by appointment with Maggs & Allen.
Maggs & Allen use all reasonable endeavors to supply accurate property information in line with the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. These property details do not constitute any part of the offer or contract and all measurements are approximate.
It should not be assumed that this property has all the necessary Planning, Building Regulation or other consents. Any services, appliances and heating system(s) listed have not been checked or tested. Please note that in some instances the photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
Any site and floor plans provided are for indicative purposes only and should not be relied upon.